Tuesday, April 17, 2012

liminality


My friends KADN have some work in the tate at the moment. It's a beautiful thing that encourages kids and families to get involved in making their own sculptures, structures and interacting with gallery artefacts in a non-established way. The work is called liminal, it's really good and it's a really good word too.

Image shamelessly nicked from Abigail Reed's facebook...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liminality#In_popular_culture

Liminality works for me and my current location. Palestinian people are perhaps liminal in the way that they are denied full statehood by many, my life is liminal (neither here nor there), and my research as an ethnographer, as a participant researcher (as I research myself) places me in some very liminal moments as I try to see me and yet separate the me from me, or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment